With so many things to consider — premium contributions, copays, deductibles, and provider networks — you could spend a lot of time comparing alternatives and still be unsure which medical plan to choose. Because of this, you may find yourself selecting a plan that isn't the best fit for the needs of you and your family or your current situation. At Villanova University, we want to help you select the right plan so you get the coverage that's right for you.
The Medical Plan Cost Estimator can help you decide which medical plan may be right for you. This online tool helps:
- Give you a general idea of what your healthcare costs may be under each of the University Medical Plans.
- You determine the medical plan and coverage option that may provide the "best value for your money," factoring in payroll deductions and the cost of your anticipated healthcare needs for the year.
- Estimate how much you potentially can save on taxes by paying healthcare expenses with a Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA).
How to Use the Medical Plan Cost Estimator
- Choose the Reset button to clear the results of the Medical Plan Cost Estimator.
- Click the Print button to view your results on paper.
- After you review your results, carefully consider each plan, keeping in mind your unique situation and tolerance for risk.
- The Medical Plan Cost Estimator provides an estimate of your costs for the coming year, rather than a precise calculation.